No blog series about game day snacks would be complete without nachos. An all time favourite and a staple bar diet around the world, this cheeky little guys are sure to delight. Be sure to serve with a chilli drop sauce (Bushman’s have a delicious range might we add) for those who want to spice it up a little.
Don’t forget to take a peek at our other recipes from our game snacks blog series:
The best part about nachos is everyone loves them, and they are very filling. You can make a variety of toppings, and served them with loads of dips, I recommend a good guacamole and some sour cream with a bit of smoked paprika in it.
- 1 bag unsalted tortilla chips
- 2-3 pickled jalapenos, sliced into rings
- 1/2 a cup of kalamata olives, seeded and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1 dried chipotle chilli or 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup grated cheddar or mozzarella
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the oil in a pan and pre-heat grill.
- Add the onions and tomato along with the cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a roasting tray, one you can serve the nachos on.
- Simmer the tomato sauce for 2-3 minutes and then spoon over the chips.
- Top with the jalapenos and the olives, and finally sprinkle over the cheese.
- Grill in the oven till the cheese has melted and some of the chips have slightly burn corners.
- Serve hot and watch everyone lap it up.
Comments are closed.