As promised, our second edition of our game day snacks blog series is here. We give South American food the attention is deserves (in line with what’s happening on the field of course) with our feta and spinach quesadillas. Not only delicious, but a great vegetarian option too. Don’t forget to give our other top 5 game snacks a try:
These are little triangles of joy, they go really well with some smoked olives on the side and handful of fresh peppery rocket.
- 8 medium sized, whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large bunch spinach
- 150g Danish feta
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper to season
- Wash spinach thoroughly, and steam for 5 minutes over a pot of boiling water.
- Once the spinach is cooled, place in a colander and squeeze out most of the liquid.
- Finely chop the spinach and add the onions, feta, nutmeg, salt and white pepper, mix with your hands, it should resemble a stuffing.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium to high heat.
- Spoon a handful of spinach mixture on one side of each tortilla, fold over the tortilla so you are left with a semi-circle shape.
Cook the quesadillas in the dry pan for roughly 2 minutes a side or until nicely browned, cut in half and serve hot.
Comments are closed.