With the FIFA World Cup nearing its conclusion, what will you be eating on the day of the final? Will it be a packet of chips and store bought dip or something a bit more tantalising and fitting for a FIFA World Cup Final? I’ve created five simple but mouth watering recipes which can be enjoyed individually or together on a platter. They’re all perfect for entertaining as they can be prepared before your guests arrive, meaning that you can sit back and relax when it’s kickoff time.
You can never go wrong with chicken wings, they are easy to prepare and fun to eat, just don’t forget to put out some napkins.
- 1kg wings, tips removed
- 1/2cup light soya sauce
- 2tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1tbs chilli sauce
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2tbs oyster sauce
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚c.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken and sesame seeds, in a mixing bowl. Whisk till the honey has merged with the other ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a roasting dish and cover with the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat and then place in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, then turn your oven to grill and grill for a further five, this is essential as the wings will caramelise and go a delicious golden colour.
- Remove the wings from the roasting tray and serve on a platter, sprinkle over some sesame seeds and enjoy, hot or cold.
Comments are closed.