Choosing a wedding menu can be a daunting affair with many factors to consider, however there are two main rules of thumb:
- Choose a menu that reflects your personal tastes and preferences – the wedding is about you after all!
- Consider the venue. Food choices should work with the wedding space to create the desired ambiance for your day.
Considering the above, we can say that Hayley and Alwyn aced their menu for their wedding day at Pat Busch Mountain Reserve. With the bride being a vegetarian and a large number of the guests also following a vegetarian or pescatarian lifestyle, the selected wedding menu was a perfect blend of both meat, seafood and vegetarian options whilst complimenting the space and mood that the venue offers:
- Thai fish cakes served with a coriander mayo dressing
- Caprese bruschettes, made with a fresh tomato salsa
- Artichoke, mint and hummus bruschettes
Pre drinks took advantage of the stunning poolside area with the majestic Langeberg mountains forming the backdrop. Being a January wedding, we were careful to choose canapes that were fresh, light and colourful, borrowing flavours from the warm climates of the Mediterranean and South East East Asia. Deliciously cool cocktails were served while our fresh, summer canapes circulated the festive wedding party, offering a touch of summer style to this all-natural, outdoor wedding.
- Veg potjie
- Springbok and red wine potjie
- Cape Malay seafood potjie with the full medley of prawns, mussels, calamari and firm, white fish
- Served with a side of aromatic, herbed rice, ciabatta and a crunchy garden salad.
The poitjie mains were well matched for the relaxed and fun atmosphere of the wedding and all three were an absolute hit. The flavours of the poitjie trio were all unique, offering the wedding party delicious variety for their dinner. These were served buffet style, while the ciabatta and crunchy leaf salad were dished from the dinner table, creating a wonderfully interactive event.
We will recommend cupcakes any day! They’re fun, versatile and less formal than a traditional wedding cake. Rich chocolate guanache cupcakes satisfied the most chronic chocolate craving, whilst the red velvet cupcake (with cream cheese icing of course) offered an irresistible savoury-sweet mouthful.
What Did the Bride Think?
Thank you so much for the incredible food last night! Both the snacks and mains were delicious, lots of people raved about the food! And it was all delivered so smoothly. We are very grateful, and will definitely be recommending you guys.
Need help with your wedding catering? Don’t hesitate to give us a call!