Don’t let the joy of spring be spoiled by those begrudging salad choices. Try this delicious recipe as part of our ‘Ode to Asparagus’ spring series!
- 250g fresh asparagus spears
- 250 stem broccoli
- 2 red peppers, cored and cut into large cubes
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2tsp coarse sea salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 100ml lemon juice
- 100g feta cheese
- 1tsp salt
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix, the salt, lemon juice, pepper, olive oil, broccoli and asparagus in a bowl. Allow to marinate for about an hour.
- Heat a griddle pan or your braai, the grill needs to be hot.
- Mix all your dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl, except the olive oil. Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients till smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while blending, this will prevent you dressing from separating.
- Cook the asparagus, broccoli and peppers on the grill till they start to char, don’t let them burn, so constantly turn them.
- Place the charred vegetables on a platter and drizzle with the dressing. Top with the crumbled feta.