Roll up your sleeves and pull at that wok. This delicious Asian dish pays tribute to our favourite spring veg – asparagus! Don’t forget to check out the other recipes in our ‘Ode to Asparagus’ spring series.
- 250g fresh asparagus spears, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 200g fillet rump steak, sliced into 0.5 cm slices and patted dry with a paper towel
- 100g baby spinach
- 30g fresh basil
- 30ml sesame oil
- 20ml olive oil
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds for garnish
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2tbs oyster sauce
- 1tsp fish sauce
- 2tbs light soya sauce
- 1tbs sesame oil
- 1tbs freshly crushed ginger
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat until the wok starts smoking.
- Add the olive oil and sesame oil, then immediately add the asparagus and steak.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, constantly moving the ingredients around the pan.
- Add the spinach, basil, and stir fry sauce, cook for a further minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve with jasmine rice or noodles.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and spring onions.