1. Thank you for your interest in the Heritage Day 2018 promotion (“the Competition”). The Competition is offered to you by SCANPAN and The Flying Pan (“the Promoters”). For more information on the Competition please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of these terms and conditions.
2. To enter for a chance to win a R1000.00 credit from The Flying Pan and a 26cm Classic SCANPAN Fry Pan, please enter your details on the microsite and press submit. The winner will be selected at random and only one entry per person will be accepted. Every eligible entrant will be entered into the draw to stand a chance of winning.
3. One winner will be selected and announced on 23 September 2018.
4. By entering the Competition, the entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. This competition is open to entrants who:
5.1.1. are South African citizens or residents, that reside in Cape Town
5.1.2. are in possession of a valid ID document or residence permit; and
5.1.3. Are 18 (eighteen) years old and above at the time of entry.
6. Entrants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered and will be automatically disqualified from participating in the Competition.
7. Entry is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, or anyone affiliated to SCANPAN and The Flying Pan.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify or reject any entry believed to be in conflict with the Competition terms and conditions or not made in good faith or on other reasonable grounds.
9. This competition will close on 21 September 2018 at 12h59. Any entries received after this will not be valid and will not be considered.
10. The prize and prize pictures on all social media elements are for display purposes only, and will not necessarily be the same specifications as the prize displayed.
11. By entering the competition you agree to sign up to both SCANPAN and The Flying Pan newsletter and digital communications. By entering this Competition, you agree to be contacted by the Promoters for future communications.
12. Any technical failures that lead to any promotional competition entry being invalid or not received will not be the Promoters’ liability, and the Promoter cannot be held responsible for technical errors.
13. The Promoters shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any event beyond its control.
14. The winner will be selected at random by way of an audited electronic draw conducted by the Promoters or person appointed by the Promoters. The random draw will be subject to confirmation of the results by an independent auditor appointed by the Promoters. The winner will be announced on
23 September 2018. Except in so far as is provided for in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 as amended from time to time, the judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoters will notify the winner via email on the same day of the draw. If, however, the winner cannot be reached after 2 attempts have been made during business hours within a period of 24 hours of the draw for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and a new draw will be
conducted to select a new winner in accordance with these Competition terms and conditions.
16. The prize winner will need to verify their proper identity before claiming any prize. The prize winner will have to submit a certified copy of their barcoded South African ID book or card or valid residence permit before the prize will be registered and handed over. Once the winner has taken
possession of their prize, all risk and responsibility in the prize passes to the winner and the Promoter will in no way take any responsibility or assume any liability for or in connection with the prize, and/or
the use thereof.
17. Prizes are not transferable to any other person or exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Furthermore, the entrants may not transfer or otherwise deal with any of their rights or obligations acquired under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoters reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions of this Competition at any time by publishing notice of the relevant details.
19. The Promoters reserves the right to request that images be taken of the winner to be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, which request the winner may decline.
20. The Promoters reserves the right to name the winner publicly on Facebook and any other place where the Promoter deems fit. By entering the Competition, the prize winner agrees to the publication of their name and/or image by the Promoters only in relation to this Competition.
21. The Promoters shall have the right to terminate the Competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring such termination. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge
that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, its agents and/or staff.
22. he entrants also agree that the Promoter may contact them by any means in relation to the Competition. By entering this Competition, entrants authorise the Promoters and their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or suppliers to collect, store and use, personal information of entrants for communication or statistical purposes. The Promoters shall not sell, distribute or otherwise share the personal information with third parties, unless required for the execution of the Competition.
23. The Promoters will try to provide the entrants with content as accurate as possible, however the
23.1. does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made on the website or any official social media pages of the Promoters;
23.2. is not responsible for any content generated by the users of the website or official social media pages of the Promoters; and
23.3. Does not endorse any opinions expressed by the users of the website and official social media pages of the Promoters. All content on the website and official social media pages of the Promoters is provided "as is" and the Promoters does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or
inconvenience resulting from the content or content generated by users of the website or the official social media pages of the Promoters.
24. The Promoters shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of the website or official social media page of the Promoters, including damages caused by viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of information.
25. The Promoters shall not be liable for damages resulting from any lack of suitability, timeliness or accuracy of any content on the website or official social media pages of The Promoters.
26. The Promoters shall further not be liable for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in
delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.27. Except to the fullest extent permitted by relevant laws, the Promoters shall not be liable for:
27.1. loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings, (even where the same arise directly from a breach of these conditions);
27.2. special, direct, indirect or consequential losses, even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of
the Promoters; or
27.3. any claim made against entrants by any other person.
27.4. Except as expressly stated herein all conditions and warranties, implied statutory or otherwise,
are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
28. Hyperlinks on the official social media pages of the Promoters may direct users to external websites which are maintained by third parties. The Promoters shall not be liable for the contents and the functioning of such external websites. The Promoters shall also not be liable for the quality of
products or services which may be offered on such external websites.
29. Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the website and official social media page of the Promoters, and the information posted on the website and official social media page of the Promoter (“Information”) is owned by the Promoters. The Promoters’ rights include but are not
limited to all patents, copyrights, rights to the trade names, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks and logos of the Promoter whether registered or unregistered.
30. This Competition is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
31. The South African courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that
arises out of or in connection with the Competition or its subject matter.
32. All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to [email protected] and